Finding what makes us happy can sometimes be a difficult journey. I remember when my oldest daughter went to college – every year she changed her major trying to find what she enjoyed the most.
Finding Happiness is a series of trials and errors, until we find the right thing, hobby, career, or even relationship that fills our hearts and souls with joy.
Happy can come from a favorite song, book, or movie. A smell of your favorite flower, a taste of your favorite food. Something that evokes a happy memory from the past.
Happiness can be simply in achieving inner peace. Happiness may be noting more than not feeling pain, whether emotional or physical.
Some of my HAPPY triggers are:
- Songs that are tied to happy memories
- The sauteed shrimp at Pirates Cove in Garibaldi, Oregon
- Being wrapped in the arms of the one I love
- Hugs, especially from my children and grandchildren
- Going for a walk just after a rainstorm
- Spring flowers
- Kittens and puppies
- #Coldstone cheesecake icecream
- My toes in the sand on a warm beach
- A glass of Cabernet at a sidewalk cafe in Europe
- Sleeping in
- Popcorn with extra butter
- Laughing until my sides ache
- Laying under the August sky watching the meteor showers
- Making someone else’s day better by something I’ve said or done
What are some of your Shades of Happy? I would love to hear from you!