I grew up in #Idaho. After a year of college I moved away, far away! I lived in Germany for two years. Then I came back to Idaho, but didn’t stay long. My husband and I moved to the Oregon coast, then to Washington. After our divorce, I came back to Idaho and I’ve been here ever since.
I’ve boiled down my favorite reasons for living here, to share with you:
1. The landscape. From the desert of south central Idaho to the mountains in the northern part of the state, our scenery is breath taking.
2. The recreation. White water rafting, biking, hiking, swimming, golfing, skiing, and not to mention the night life including theater and concerts.
3. The people. People in Idaho are friendly. Life’s a little slower and simpler here than in many other places, and you can see that reflected on the faces and the smiles of the people you meet.
4. The destinations. People come from all over the world to visit Sun Valley and Ketchum. Then there’s McCall, Tamarack, Coeur d’Alene, Stanley, and the rest of the amazing little communities that are scattered across this beautiful state.
5. It’s home. I have lived in a lot of places, and traveled to many more, but no place feels as welcoming to me as Idaho. This is my home. It’s the place where my heart rejoices the most.
Have you been to Idaho? What do you like best about it?