Where is the elusive formula that humans have spent lifetimes and centuries looking for, to stay young?
I have always been told that I don’t look my age. In fact, I know many people now who don’t look even close to their age. And then on the other hand, there are those who look twice their age.
What’s the secret?
Ways to stay younger longer:
- Positive attitude – learn to LET GO of negative emotions and thoughts – FORGIVE! Live with an attitude of gratitude every day.
- Eat healthy. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, the absolute minimum sugar, and fast foods! Fast = unhealthy! Eat at home with fresh made meals over eating out.
- Limit the vices. You know what I’m talking about – drugs, alcohol, and tobacco! A glass of red wine every evening with dinner is fine. Just one! Having a drink with friends to celebrate now and then is fine. But don’t overdo it in quantity or frequency.
- Exercise. A minimum of three days a week, and the more the better, work out for at least 30 minutes. Take a walk, ride a bike, yoga, or just a work out in your living room. But get off the couch and sweat! Even an evening of dancing is a workout.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Your body heals itself while you sleep, so a good night’s sleep is very important. You know what works best for you, but this is one area you don’t want to scrimp on!
- Above all, manage stress. Stress is the major contributor to disease and aging. Meditate, read books for enjoyment, watch movies that make you laugh. LAUGH! Daily! LOVE and allow yourself to be loved. Forgive! Take relaxing bubble baths or sit on your patio and watch a beautiful sunset. Listen to music, Hug a child. Play with a pet.
- And remember, Age IS a State of Mind! So be mindful!