- Pile on the doubt. Did he really see a crime or not?
- When in doubt, cast doubt. No only do the neighbors doubt, but now the character doubts himself.
- A can of traits. Every minor character has unique traits that stand out.
- Be sure to add all five senses. Hear the music, smell the brandy, see the storm clouds coming in.
- Tension and romance.
- Location – location – location!
I love Rear Window, it’s one of my favorites. What would you do in L. B. Jefferies position? It reminds me of the book I recently read titled The Woman In The Window. Same principal. Great read!